1. High mechanical strength, good toughness, high tensile and compressive strength. The specific tensile strength is higher than that of metal, and the specific compressive strength is equal to that of metal, but its rigidity is lower than that of metal. The tensile strength is close to the yield strength and more than twice that of ABS. It has strong absorption capacity for impact, stress and vibration, and its impact strength is much higher than that of ordinary plastics, and better than acetal resin.
2. The fatigue resistance is outstanding, and the parts can still maintain the original mechanical strength after repeated bending for many times. PA is often used in situations where the periodic fatigue effect of common escalator handrails and new bicycle plastic rims is obvious.
3. High softening point and heat resistance (such as nylon 46, high crystalline nylon has high thermal deformation temperature and can be used for a long time at 150 ℃. After PA66 is reinforced with glass fiber, its thermal deformation temperature reaches more than 250 ℃).
4. Smooth surface, small friction coefficient and wear resistance. As a movable mechanical component, it has self-lubrication and low noise. It can be used without lubricant when the friction effect is not too high; If lubricants are really needed to reduce friction or help heat dissipation, water, oil, grease, etc. can be selected. Thus, as a transmission component, its service life is long.
5. Corrosion resistant, very resistant to alkali and most salt liquids, also resistant to weak acids, engine oil, gasoline, aromatic hydrocarbons, and general solvents, inert to aromatic compounds, but not resistant to strong acids and oxidants. It can resist the corrosion of gasoline, oil, fat, alcohol, weak alkali and so on, and has good anti-aging ability. It can be used as packaging material for lubricating oil, fuel, etc.
6. Self-extinguishing, non-toxic, odorless, good weather resistance, inert to biological erosion, and good antibacterial and mildew resistance.
7. Excellent electrical performance. Nylon has good electrical insulation, high volume resistance and high breakdown voltage. It can be used as power frequency insulation material in dry environment, and still has good electrical insulation even in high humidity environment.
8. The parts are light in weight, easy to dye and easy to form.
Short comments: Not only does nylon have the above advantages, it also can prevent fire and explosion, which makes nylon a good option in transportation process such as nylon plug. Nylon plug used in steel drums can well reduce the rate of fire and explosion in steel drum factories.